Prices start from £40
The DMK Alkaline Wash system is a remarkable treatment designed to reduce fine, downy hair. This type of hair is very difficult to remove as the hair growth is usually dense and it would take a long time to treat with electrolysis. It is also not suitable to be treated with IPL or Laser because it has no colour for the laser to target. The advantage of Alkaline Wash is that you can remove large areas of hair in one treatment with no discomfort as with other hair-removal systems. It also works well when combined with electrolysis and laser, which are suitable for the stronger hairs. After the first treatment, the hair will grow back at its normal rate, but as treatments progress the hair regrowth rate will become slower, usually resulting in a permanent loss over a period of time.
The treatment takes approximately half an hour and a patch test is carried out on the area to be treated, which ensures that your skin is suitable for the Alkaline Wash treatment. The treatment is completely pain-free, however in some cases the area can appear red and warm which is normal and will subside in a short period of time.
All areas of the face and body may be treated and the hair will gradually weaken so long as long as the hair is fine and downy. The treatments will be approximately 2 weeks apart to start with, then go onto a month apart and then longer periods of time as the hair starts to reduce in growth.
A full consultation and patch test will be carried out at least 24 hours before treatment and you must inform your therapist if you become pregnant or if you take any medication or vitamins in-between treatments.
What is Alkaline and how does it work?
Alkaline Wash is an alkaline powder that is mixed into a paste and applied onto the desired area for a few minutes, depending on the coarseness of the hair. The treatment is not like a hair removal cream, it is of a much higher pH, which swells the hair shaft as it dissolves the hair.
The Alkaline Wash solution enters the hair shaft, damaging and weakening the papilla that the hair grows from, gradually reducing hair re-growth. As treatments progress, the rate of re-growth will be lessened, resulting in a reduction of hair re-growth and some permanent hair loss over a period of time.
- Alkaline wash removes fine downy hair, as well as improving the skin’s texture.
- It weakens and reduces hair re-growth.
- Alkaline Wash may be used to remove any hair type but is most effective in slowing hair re-growth on fine downy hair, for which the treatment is designed.
- Ideal for people who are unsuitable for waxing, electrolysis or laser.
- The treatment is pain free.
- Eradicates ingrown hairs and folliculitis and prevents them from reoccurring.
- Non-invasive, no pulling of the skin is required.
- Does not cause pigmentation.
- Perfect for reactive skins as it will not cause skin irritations or rashes.
- Suitable for all skin conditions and ethnic skin types.
Large areas of hair can be removed in one treatment.